In this section of the Teaching Guide for GSIs you will find many, many things to think about, find out, plan for, and organize as your teaching semester approaches. Even if you have worked as a GSI before, you may benefit from this broad and dense array of resources and suggestions.
In This Section
- Communicate with Faculty, Fellow GSIs, and Staff
- Checklist for Getting Started as a GSI (pdf)
- Create a Section Syllabus or Information Sheet
- Locate Your Classroom and Office
- Get to Know Your Classroom Equipment
- Consider Your Tone with Students
- Plan the First Day’s Session
- Questions for Students in Office Hours
- Time Management Strategies
The link above opens in Berkeley Box and requires a Berkeley Box account, free to all UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff.