Syllabus and Course Design Workshop Series
The GSI Teaching & Resource Center occasionally offers a Syllabus and Course Design Workshop Series on successive Wednesday afternoons in April.
This series will not be offered in spring 2016. Instead, a one-time workshop on syllabus and course design is being offered as part of the Workshops on Teaching Series.
The series is intended for GSIs who may need to prepare a syllabus for a Summer Session course, for a future semester, or for the academic job search. Session topics include:
- Identifying the components of an effective course and course syllabus
- Creating course goals and student learning outcomes
- Designing assignments and research projects to enhance learning
- Selecting readings and other course materials
- Choosing instructional methods to assist you in meeting your objectives
- Assessing teaching and learning
- Establishing and formulating course policies
Participants are expected to attend all four sessions, complete all assignments, and submit a course syllabus at the end of the series.