Consultations for Faculty Members and Departments
The GSI Center is available to faculty members for confidential consultations about their work with graduate student instructors on topics such as
- clarifying policies pertaining to GSIs;
- responding to conflicts that may occur in working with GSIs;
- creating a memo to GSIs to communicate expectations;
- guiding GSIs in the grading process
- helping GSIs improve their teaching through midterm teaching assessments and classroom observations;
- revising and improving the department’s 300-level pedagogy course for first-time GSIs; and
- having the pedagogy course reviewed for for eligibility for the Teaching Certificate Program.
We have extensive online resources for faculty members in the Faculty and Department Resources section of this website (please see top navigation bar).
Faculty members wishing to schedule a consultation should contact the GSI Center via email: email@example.com.